I pulled your arms out through the wall and set them on a chair
we held hands while I read a book because your arms weren't up for much
but they were soft.
A Bird dropped your eyes off on a window ledge and I lunged over
like pearls covered in a patch of obsidian where you should've been
looking at me. I placed them at eye level.
Sometimes I glanced over in their direction and saw you staring at me
A Mouse crawled by with one of your scarves and I snatched it away
and draped it over the back of your chair
Your lips seeped up through the floorboards, which was good
Because now we could talk and I needed someone to talk to
on account of all the spare body parts
I kissed your lips, but I didn't use tongue and neither did you
because I have not found your tongue yet. You told me you weren't upset.
Your hands stroke mine in consolation.
I have been waiting here for more parts to install onto you
but I didn't send for any. I don't think you are a full set
and now I don't believe in Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment